March 24, 2014

Monday FO: Zuzu

Once I got my act together, which involved a few more rookie mistakes, the Zuzu Petals cowl by Carina Spencer zipped right along to the bind off.  The yarn is my own Cedar Hill Farm Company Eco (fingering weight) in the Maybe colorway.  I used about 1 hank for this project, maybe a little less, and opted to work the instructions in the pattern for the fingering weight with a US #5 (3.75 mm), 16-inch circular needle.




As you can see, the yarn did a bit of a tiger stripe for the stocking stitch, but then switched to a nice striping pattern for the lace.  I probably could have done this in a solid, but then I think it would have significantly less character.

When I reached the bind off, the instructions were to use a stretchy bind off instead of the typical knitted bind off, so I did the k2tog bind off that is used by Stephen West so often with his shawls, etc.  Here's a great video for that bind off in case you don't know what I'm talking about: My Favorite Stretchy Bind Off.  I'd totally recommend this pattern if you have a lonely hank or skein of something lying around that's about 250 yds. (fingering weight) and you are looking for something quick to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog